Sabtu, 30 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

Interstate 64 West - Hampton Roads - Hampton and Newport News ...
src: www.aaroads.com

Interstate 64 ( I-64 ) is the Interstate Highway in the Eastern United States. Its west end is at I-70, US Route 40 (USÃ, 40), and US 61 in Wentzville, Missouri. Its eastern end is at the crossroads with I-264 and I-664 at Bowers Hill in Chesapeake, Virginia. I-64 connects the main metropolitan area of ​​St. Louis, Louisville and Lexington in Kentucky, Charleston, West Virginia, and Richmond and Hampton Roads in Virginia.

At 953.74 miles, the I-64 is the second longest intercity road that does not end with 5 or 0, after I-94.


Video Interstate 64



Route description

I-64 overlaps with I-55, I-57, I-75, I-77, I-81, and I-95. I-64 does not maintain continuous outgoing numbers for any overlap, since each of the six north-south routes maintains the numbering out on each overlap with I-64.

Missouri

In Missouri, the stretch was originally labeled as the Daniel Boone Expressway then only as US-40, and thus, still known by some locals in the St. Louis as Highway 40, although the road has been defined as both. -64 and US-40 since 1988. It is also the southernmost part of the Avenue of the Saints. An intersection on Highway N O'Fallon, Missouri opened on December 13, 2004. This exchange also accommodates the connection between the Missouri Route 364 highway to I-64. In April 2007, construction began rebuilding 10.5 miles (16.9 km) of I-64 in St. Petersburg. Louis, Missouri, from Spoede Road to Kingshighway. This project includes removing all roads, rebuilding flyovers and intersections, adding a fourth lane between Spoede Road and I-170, and connecting I-64 to I-170 in all directions. Construction resulted in the full closing of parts of toll roads in 2008 and 2009. In 2008, the I-64 closed from I-270 to I-170, reopened December 15, 2008. Starting December 15, 2008, I-64 from I-170 to Kingshighway is closed. On December 6, 2009, with a grand opening and dedication ceremony, Interstate 64 finished in its entire length in Missouri from Poplar Street Bridge to I-70 in Wentzville. On December 7, 2009, the I-64 is now completed and signed all the way to Interstate 70 in Wentzville. All traffic lights have been deleted. Portions of Interstate 64 at St. Louis was named the Jack Buck Memorial Highway, in honor of a late sports announcer.

Illinois

I-64 enters Illinois from St. Louis, Missouri, through the Poplar Street Bridge, where the bridge overlaps with the I-55 as it crosses the Mississippi River. After crossing the city of East St. Louis and all the suburbs of St. Louis. Clair County, the freeway is heading southeast through the Southern Illinois countryside. Shortly after passing Mid-America Airport at Exit 23, I-64 entered Clinton County, then Washington County. After granting access to cities like Carlyle, Breese, Nashville, and Centralia, the I-57 overlapping freeway through Gn. The Vernon area is about five miles. East of Mt. Vernon in Illinois, a little I-64 service. The freeway crossed Jefferson, Wayne, and White Counties as it headed east toward Indiana and the Evansville area. East of the St. Louis area, there are many oil wells that adorn the landscape.

Parts of IL 127 to I-57 opened on 4 October 1974. Parts of IL 161 through IL 127 opened in December 1973. Parts of Metro East, except for the short section near I-55/70, opened on 23 December 1975. Section from US 460 (later IL 142) to US 45 opened on 7 August 1975.

Indiana

I-64 across the Wabash River and into the state of Indiana. It passes Griffin (exit 4/State Road 69) and Poseyville (exit 12/State Road 165), and also passes under the nearest State Road 68 (no direct intersections serve State Road 68, though one can access the route from either State Road 165 or 65) then passes three exit signs marked for Evansville (State Road 65, 41 US, and Interstate 69) then continues through the beautiful section of Hoosier National Forest, exit to Dale and Huntingburg (Exit 57A-B/US 231), Santa Claus and Ferdinand (exit 63/State Road 162), French Lick and Tell City (exit 79/State Road 37), and Indiana's first state capital, Corydon (exit 105/State Road 135).

Near milepost 61, there is a time change from Central Time Zone (Spencer County) to Eastern Time Zone (Dubois County). As with all time zone changes that are managed by the Indiana Department of Transportation, these time zone changes are not indicated by road signs.

Between Evansville and New Albany, I-64 cut off some major north-south artery roads, such as AS 231, Indiana 37, Indiana 135 and offered access to Interstate 65 to Indianapolis via Interstate 265 before crossing into Kentucky at the Sherman Minton Bridge.

The 123-mile route in Indiana can be described as winding, especially further east in the country. The longest straight line along the route is about 9 miles from the Indiana 65 exit to a 26 mile marker, 1 mile east of the US 41. There are many points along the route where two parts of the highway are nearly 500 meters apart, especially around the National Forest Hoosier and heading east. In addition, there are several points, especially in the very sharp valleys along its route in Dubois, Perry, Crawford, and Harrison Counties, where highways rise over 100 meters above the surrounding area.

Kentucky

Interstate 64 enters Kentucky in Louisville, parallel to the Ohio River along the Riverfront Expressway. It intersected with several intersections downtown before coming to Kennedy Interchange, where it intersects Interstate 65 and Interstate 71 in a braided ramp is often referred to as "Spaghetti Junction". Moving east, I-64 passes Shelbyville, Frankfort, Midway, Lexington, Winchester, and Morehead, before leaving the country near Ashland in Catlettsburg. This overlaps Interstate 75 because it makes an arc around the northeast core of Lexington city, with an exit number for I-75 being used for the same section. Two separate interstates a few miles east of downtown Lexington.

West Virginia

Interstate 64 travels 184 miles (296 km) in the state of West Virginia, passing through the big cities of Huntington, Beckley, and Lewisburg, and directly through the capital city of Charleston. It has only two major intersections within the country: Interstate 77 in Charleston and at Beckley. It also crosses the Kanawha River four times in a 20 mile (32 km) stretch (twice west of Charleston, shortly before entering Charleston's downtown area, then about 5 miles (8.0 km) east of downtown Charleston in Kanawha City ).

Between the two intersections I-64 with I-77, I-64 and I-77 overlap. From the final crossing of the Kanawha River east of Charleston to their split in Exit 40 south of Beckley, the two Interstates clattered, forming part of the West Virginia Turnpike.

While two toll roads overlap, the exit sign is for Interstate 77. Thus, travelers entering the east from Kentucky will see an increased number of exits until Exit 60, when the Interstate 77 exit number is used, down from Exit 100.

Virginia

Interstate 64 in Virginia runs east-west through central Virginia from West Virginia via Covington, Lexington, Staunton, and Charlottesville to Richmond. From Lexington to Staunton, it overlaps Interstate 81 (using exit number I-81). In Richmond, it overlaps with Interstate 95. From Richmond, Interstate 64 continues south-east through Newport News and Hampton to the Hampton-Road Tunnel Tunnel, and then through Norfolk and a small part of Virginia Beach to end up at the Chesapeake.

The I-64 alone does not reach the Oceanfront area of ​​Virginia Beach, as it continues through the western part of Virginia Beach as part of a circular Roadway Beltway. At the end, East I-64 actually goes west (and I-64 to the east west), as the route forms a fishing line around Norfolk. Interstate 264 cuts the beltway, provides access to other parts of Norfolk and Chesapeake, and extends eastward to Oceanfront.

Access to the Oceanfront area is reached from I-64 through a portion of Interstate 264, the road originally built as the Virginia Beach Expressway, funded by tolls for earnings bond pensions.

Maps Interstate 64



History

The Interstate 64 element, like the Sherman Minton bridge over Ohio on the Indiana-Kentucky border, was completed in the early 1960s. Interstate finished between St. Louis and Charleston with the completion of the 9th Street overpass in Louisville in December 1976.

In Virginia, the proposed southern route between Clifton Forge and Richmond calls on the Interstate to follow from Richmond via US-360 and US-460, via Lynchburg to Roanoke and US-220 from Roanoke to Clifton Forge, then west after US-60 to Virginia West. The initial recommendation of 1957 by state-run engineering consultants was for the northern route, but due largely to the efforts of a Virginia senator Mosby G. Perrow, Jr. from Lynchburg, the country changed its location to the southern route in 1959 Although there was a guarantee from the federal government that the route would be decided by the state, the Virginia 1959 decision was canceled for a northern route through Charlottesville.

I-64 has a proposed route around the US 50 corridor in Illinois when the first interstate is planned. Local pressure pushed the routing closer to the US 460 corridor due to cheaper costs and shorter mileage compared to the original route, but not before construction started on the current short section US-50 between Vincennes, Indiana and Lawrenceville, Illinois. It should also be noted that a clear route from I-64 will take him through the southern end of Carlyle Lake which is also under construction at the moment.

The I-64 sign began rising in August 1987 on the US 40 freeway in St. Louis. Louis. This change was made partly because truckers deliberately used US 40 to avoid compulsory fines for overweight trucks.

  • The Indiana Highway Ends: I-64
  • Illinois Highway Ends: I-64
  • Interview with public information manager Linda Wilson and Dan Galvin for The design/build contractor Gateway Constructors

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments